Definitions of ramp:
- noun: an inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another
- noun: a movable staircase that passengers use to board or leave an aircraft
- noun: North American perennial having a slender bulb and whitish flowers
- verb: be rampant
Example: "The lion is rampant in this heraldic depiction"
- verb: furnish with a ramp
Example: "The ramped auditorium"
- verb: behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
- verb: stand with arms or forelegs raised, as if menacing
- verb: creep up -- used especially of plants
Example: "The roses ramped over the wall"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29789)
Search for ramp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse