Definitions of rap:
- noun: genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
- noun: voluble conversation
- noun: a gentle blow
- noun: a reproach for some lapse or misdeed
Example: "It was a bum rap"
- noun: the sound made by a gentle blow
- noun: the act of hitting vigorously
- verb: talk volubly
- verb: strike sharply
Example: "Rap him on the knuckles"
- verb: perform rap music
- verb: make light, repeated taps on a surface
Search for rap at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse