Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of rare:
- adjective: marked by an uncommon quality; especially superlative or extreme of its kind
Example: "What is so rare as a day in June-J.R.Lowell"
- adjective: having low density
Example: "Rare gasses"
- adjective: not widely distributed
Example: "Rare herbs"
- adjective: not widely known; especially valued for its uncommonness
Example: "A rare word"
- adjective: (of meat) cooked a short time; still red inside
Example: "Rare roast beef"
- adjective: recurring only at long intervals
Example: "A rare appearance"
Search for rare at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...