Definitions of rate:
- noun: amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis
Example: "A 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5"
- noun: a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit
Example: "They traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"
- noun: the relative speed of progress or change
Example: "He works at a great rate"
- verb: be worthy of or have a certain rating
Example: "This bond rates highly"
- verb: assign a rank or rating to
Example: "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- verb: estimate the value of
Example: "How would you rate his chances to become President?"
Search for rate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse