Definitions of rattle:
- noun: loosely connected horny sections at the end of a rattlesnake's tail
- noun: a baby's toy that makes percussive noises when shaken
- noun: a rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders)
Example: "The death rattle"
- verb: make short successive sounds
- verb: shake and cause to make a rattling noise
Search for rattle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse