Write a poem about the vaccine to earn money for your community.
Definitions of read:
- noun: something that is read
Example: "The article was a very good read"
- verb: have or contain a certain wording or form
Example: "The passage reads as follows"
- verb: to hear and understand
Example: "I read you loud and clear!"
- verb: interpret something that is written or printed
Example: "Read the advertisement"
- verb: look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed
Example: "The King will read the proclamation at noon"
- verb: interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky, etc.; also of human behavior
Example: "She read the sky and predicted rain"
- verb: obtain data from magnetic tapes
Example: "This dictionary can be read by the computer"
- verb: indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments
Example: "The gauge read `empty'"
- verb: audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role
- verb: make sense of a language
Example: "Can you read Greek?"
- verb: interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression
Example: "I read this address as a satire"
- verb: be a student of a certain subject
Example: "She is reading for the bar exam"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1957)
Search for read at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse