Definitions of recognize:
- verb: detect with the senses
- verb: show approval or appreciation of
Example: "My work is not recognized by anybody!"
- verb: exhibit recognition for (an antigen or a substrate)
- verb: perceive to be the same
- verb: be fully aware or cognizant of
- verb: grant credentials to
Example: "The Regents officially recognized the new educational institution"
- verb: accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
Example: "We do not recognize your gods"
- verb: express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for
- verb: express greetings upon meeting someone
Search for recognize at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse