Synonyms / Related
Definitions of reef:
- noun: a submerged ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the water
- noun: a rocky region in the southern Transvaal in northeastern South Africa; contains rich gold deposits and coal and manganese
- verb: reduce (a sail) by taking in a reef
- verb: roll up (a portion of a sail) in order to reduce its area
- verb: lower and bring partially inboard
Example: "Reef the sailboat's mast"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #31274)
Search for reef at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...