Definitions of regard:
- noun: (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare
Example: "Give him my kind regards"
- noun: a feeling of friendship and esteem
Example: "She mistook his manly regard for love"
- noun: a long fixed look
- noun: (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point
- noun: the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)
Example: "A man who has earned high regard"
- noun: paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people)
- noun: an attitude of admiration or esteem
- verb: look at attentively
- verb: connect closely and often incriminatingly
- verb: deem to be
Search for regard at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse