Definitions of region:
- noun: the extended spatial location of something
Example: "The farming regions of France"
- noun: a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth
Example: "Penguins inhabit the polar regions"
- noun: the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of')
Example: "It was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"
- noun: a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve
Example: "In the abdominal region"
- noun: a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about
Example: "Here we enter the region of opinion"
Search for region at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse