Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of release:
- noun: (music) the act or manner of terminating a musical phrase or tone
- noun: a formal written statement of relinquishment
- noun: activity that releases or expresses creative energy or emotion
- noun: merchandise issued for sale or public showing (especially a record or film)
Example: "A new release from the London Symphony Orchestra"
- noun: a process that liberates or discharges something
Example: "There was a sudden release of oxygen"
- noun: the act of liberating someone or something
- noun: a legal document evidencing the discharge of a debt or obligation
- noun: the act of allowing a fluid to escape
- noun: an announcement distributed to members of the press in order to supplement or replace an oral presentation
- noun: the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
- noun: euphemistic expressions for death
- verb: part with a possession or right
- verb: make (information) available publication
Example: "Release the list with the names of the prisoners"
- verb: generate and separate from cells or bodily fluids
Example: "Release a hormone into the blood stream"
- verb: let (something) fall or spill a container
- verb: grant freedom to; free from confinement
- verb: release, as from one's grip
- verb: make (assets) available
Example: "Release the holdings in the dictator's bank account"
- verb: eliminate (substances) from the body
- verb: prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
Search for release at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse