Definitions of remove:
- noun: degree of figurative distance or separation
Example: "Just one remove from madness or it imitates at many removes a Shakespearean tragedy"
- verb: shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes
Example: "He removed his children to the countryside"
- verb: remove from a position or an office
- verb: get rid of something abstract
Example: "The death of her mother removed the last obstacle to their marriage"
- verb: remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, taking off, etc. or remove something abstract
Example: "Remove a threat"
- verb: dispose of
- verb: go away or leave
- verb: cause to leave
- verb: kill intentionally and with premeditation
Search for remove at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse