Definitions of repellent:
- noun: the power to repel
Example: "She knew many repellents to his advances"
- noun: a chemical substance that repels animals
- noun: a compound with which fabrics are treated to repel water
- adjective: incapable of absorbing or mixing with
Example: "A water-repellent fabric"
- adjective: serving or tending to repel
Example: "I find his obsequiousness repellent"
- adjective: highly offensive; arousing aversion or disgust
Example: "The idea of eating meat is repellent to me"
Search for repellent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse