Definitions of representation:
- noun: an activity that stands as an equivalent of something or results in an equivalent
- noun: the act of representing; standing in for someone or some group and speaking with authority in their behalf
- noun: a creation that is a visual or tangible rendering of someone or something
- noun: the right of being representated by delegates who have a voice in some legislative body
- noun: a presentation to the mind in the form of an idea or image
- noun: a statement of facts and reasons made in appealing or protesting
Example: "Certain representations were made concerning police brutality"
- noun: a factual statement made by one party in order to induce another party to enter into a contract
Example: "The sales contract contains several representations by the vendor"
- noun: a body of legislators that serve in behalf of some constituency
Example: "A Congressional vacancy occurred in the representation from California"
- noun: the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
- noun: a performance of play
Search for representation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia