Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of reserve:
- noun: the trait of being uncommunicative; not volunteering anything more than necessary
- noun: something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose
- noun: (medicine) potential capacity to respond in order to maintain vital functions
- noun: formality and propriety of manner
- noun: armed forces that are not on active duty but can be called in an emergency
- noun: a district that is reserved for particular purpose
- noun: an athlete who plays only when another member of the team drops out
- verb: hold back or set aside, especially for future use or contingency
- verb: arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance
Example: "Reserve me a seat on a flight"
- verb: obtain or arrange (for oneself) in advance
Example: "We managed to reserve a table at Maxim's"
- verb: give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause
Search for reserve at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse