Definitions of resist:
- verb: refuse to comply
- verb: resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ
- verb: withstand the force of something
Example: "The trees resisted her"
- verb: stand up or offer resistance to somebody or something
- verb: express opposition through action or words
- verb: elude, especially in a baffling way
Search for resist at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse