Definitions of response:
- noun: a phrase recited or sung by the congregation following a versicle by the priest or minister
- noun: a result
Example: "This situation developed in response to events in Africa"
- noun: a bodily process occurring due to the effect of some foregoing stimulus or agent
Example: "His responses have slowed with age"
- noun: the manner in which something is greeted
- noun: the speech act of continuing a conversational exchange
- noun: a statement (either spoken or written) that is made in reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation
Search for response at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse