Definitions of restrained:
- adjective: under restraint
- adjective: not showy or obtrusive
- adjective: marked by avoidance of extravagance or extremes
Example: "Restrained in his response"
- adjective: prudent
- adjective: cool and formal in manner
- adjective: free from ostentation or pretension
Example: "The restrained elegance of the room"
Search for restrained at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse