Definitions of reward:
- noun: an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
- noun: the offer of money for helping to find a criminal or for returning lost property
- noun: payment made in return for a service rendered
- noun: benefit resulting from some event or action
Example: "Reaping the rewards of generosity"
- noun: a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing
Example: "Virtue is its own reward"
- verb: act or give recompensation in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
- verb: strengthen and support with rewards
- verb: bestow honor or rewards upon
Example: "The scout was rewarded for courageus action"
Search for reward at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse