Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of rich:
- adjective: pleasantly full and mellow
Example: "A rich tenor voice"
- adjective: highly seasoned or containing large amounts of choice ingredients such as butter or sugar or eggs
Example: "Kept gorging on rich foods"
- adjective: very productive
Example: "Rich seams of coal"
- adjective: possessing material wealth
Example: "Her father is extremely rich"
- adjective: having an abundant supply of desirable qualities or substances (especially natural resources)
Example: "Blessed with a land rich in minerals"
- adjective: suggestive of or characterized by great expense
Example: "A rich display"
- adjective: high in mineral content; having a a high proportion of fuel to air
Example: "A rich vein of copper, a rich gas mixture"
- adjective: of great worth or quality
Example: "A rich collection of antiques"
- adjective: marked by richness and fullness of flavor
Example: "A rich ruby port"
- adjective: strong; intense
Example: "A rich red"
- adjective: marked by great fruitfulness
Example: "Rich soil"
- adjective: affording an abundant supply
Example: "A rich supply"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5263 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #611)
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 14285 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #821)
Search for rich at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse