Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of rising:
- noun: a movement upward
- noun: organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another
- adjective: newly come into prominence
Example: "A rising young politician"
- adjective: (of a heavenly body) becoming visible above the horizon
Example: "The rising sun"
- adjective: advancing or becoming higher or greater in degree or value or status
Example: "A rising trend"
- adjective: increasing in amount or degree
Example: "Rising prices"
- adjective: coming to maturity
Example: "The rising generation"
- adjective: sloping upward
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #20002)
Search for rising at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...