Definitions of romance:
- noun: a novel dealing with idealized events remote from everyday life
- noun: the group of languages derived from Latin
- noun: an exciting and mysterious quality (as of a heroic time or adventure)
- noun: a story dealing with love
- noun: a relationship between two lovers
- verb: tell romantic or exaggerated lies
Example: "This author romanced his trip to an exotic country"
- verb: have a love affair with
- verb: make amorous advances towards
- verb: talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions
- adjective: relating to languages derived from Latin
Example: "Romance languages"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45672)
Search for romance at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse