Definitions of royal:
- noun: stag with antlers of 12 or more branches
- noun: a sail set next above the topgallant on a royal mast
- adjective: being of the rank of a monarch
Example: "Of royal ancestry"
- adjective: of or relating to or indicative of or issued or performed by a king or queen or other monarch
Example: "The royal party"
- adjective: established or chartered or authorized by royalty
Example: "The Royal Society"
- adjective: invested with royal power as symbolized by a crown
Example: "The royal (or crowned) heads of Europe"
- adjective: belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler
Example: "Treated with royal acclaim"
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 16666 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #851)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2506)
Search for royal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse