Definitions of S:
- noun: the 19th letter of the Roman alphabet
- noun: an abundant tasteless odorless multivalent nonmetallic element; best known in yellow crystals; occurs in many sulphide and sulphate minerals and even in native form (especially in volcanic regions)
- noun: (thermodynamics) a thermodynamic quantity representing the amount of energy in a system that is no longer available for doing mechanical work
Example: "Entropy increases as matter and energy in the universe degrade to an ultimate state of inert uniformity"
- noun: the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
- noun: 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- noun: a unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm
Search for S at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse