Definitions of saddle:
- noun: posterior part of the back of a domestic fowl
- noun: a seat for the rider of a horse
- noun: a piece of leather across the instep of a shoe
- noun: cut of meat (especially mutton or lamb) consisting of part of the backbone and both loins
- noun: a seat for the rider of a bicycle
- noun: a pass or ridge that slopes gently between two peaks (is shaped like a saddle)
- verb: load or burden; encumber
Example: "He saddled me with that heavy responsibility"
- verb: put a saddle on
Example: "Saddle the horses"
- verb: impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to
Search for saddle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...