Definitions of sandy:
- adjective: abounding in sand
Example: "Florida's sandy beaches"
- adjective: resembling or containing sand; or growing in sandy areas
- adjective: of hair color; pale yellowish to yellowish brown
- adjective: (used of soil) loose and large-grained in consistency
Example: "Light sandy soil"
- adjective: composed of or covered with relatively large particles
- name: A female given name (common: 1 in 1818 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #322)
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 14285 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #840)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5477)
Search for sandy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse