Definitions of scald:
- noun: the act of burning with steam or hot water
- noun: a burn cause by hot liquid or steam
- verb: heat to the boiling point
Example: "Scald the milk"
- verb: treat with boiling water
Example: "Scald tomatoes so that they can be peeled"
- verb: burn with a hot liquid or steam
Example: "She scalded her hands when she turned on the faucet and hot water came out"
- verb: subject to harsh criticism
Search for scald at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse