Definitions of scallop:
- noun: edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions
- noun: edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells; served broiled or poached or in salads or cream sauces
- noun: one of a series of rounded projections (or the notches between them) formed by curves along an edge (as the edge of a leaf or piece of cloth or the margin of a shell or a shriveled red blood cell observed in a hypertonic solution etc.)
- noun: thin slice of meat (especially veal) usually fried or broiled
- verb: fish for scallops
- verb: form scallops in
Example: "Scallop the meat"
- verb: shape or cut in scallops
Example: "Scallop the hem of the dress"
- verb: decorate an edge with scallops
Example: "The dress had a scalloped skirt"
Search for scallop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse