Definitions of scatter:
- noun: the act of scattering
- noun: a haphazard distribution in all directions
- verb: distribute loosely
Example: "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
- verb: sow by scattering
Example: "Scatter seeds"
- verb: strew or distribute over an area
Example: "Scatter cards across the table"
- verb: cause to separate
- verb: move away from each other
Example: "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached"
- verb: to cause to separate and go in different directions
Example: "She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
Search for scatter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse