Definitions of scratch:
- noun: an indication of damage
- noun: informal terms for money
- noun: poor handwriting
- noun: dry mash for poultry
- noun: a depression scratched or carved into a surface
- noun: an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
- noun: a harsh noise made by scraping
- verb: cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
- verb: scrape or rub as if to relieve itching
Example: "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
- verb: cause friction
Example: "My sweater scratches"
Search for scratch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse