Definitions of sector:
- noun: measuring instrument consisting of two graduated arms hinged at one end
- noun: a particular aspect of life or activity
Example: "He was helpless in an important sector of his life"
- noun: a body of people who form part of society or economy
Example: "The public sector"
- noun: a portion of a military position
- noun: the minimum track length that can be assigned to store information; unless otherwise specified a sector of data consists of 512 bytes
- noun: a plane figure bounded by two radii and the included arc of a circle
Search for sector at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse