Definitions of severe:
- adjective: unsparing and uncompromising in discipline or judgment
Example: "A parent severe to the pitch of hostility- H.G.Wells"
- adjective: intensely or extremely bad or unpleasant in degree or quality
Example: "Severe pain"
- adjective: very bad in degree or extent
Example: "A severe worldwide depression"
- adjective: severely simple
- adjective: very strong or vigorous
Example: "A severe blow"
- adjective: causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm
Example: "A severe case of pneumonia"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17999)
Search for severe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse