Definitions of shave:
- noun: the act of removing hair with a razor
- verb: cut the price of
- verb: remove body hair with a razor
- verb: touch the surface of lightly
Example: "His back shaved the counter in passing"
- verb: cut closely
- verb: make shavings of or reduce to shavings
Example: "Shave the radish"
- verb: cut or remove with or as if with a plane
Example: "The machine shaved off fine layers from the piece of wood"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39244)
Search for shave at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse