Definitions of sight:
- noun: a optical instrument for aiding the eye in aiming, as on a firearm or surveying instrument
- noun: the range of vision
Example: "Out of sight of land"
- noun: the ability to see; the faculty of vision
- noun: an instance of visual perception
Example: "The sight of his wife brought him back to reality"
- noun: a range of mental vision
Example: "In his sight she could do no wrong"
- noun: anything that is seen
Example: "He was a familiar sight on the television"
- noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- noun: the act of looking or seeing or observing
- verb: catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes
Example: "He caught sight of the king's men coming over the ridge"
Search for sight at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse