Definitions of silent:
- adjective: marked by absence of sound
Example: "A silent house"
- adjective: having a frequency below or above the range of human audibility
Example: "A silent dog whistle"
- adjective: not made to sound
Example: "The silent `h' at the beginning of `honor'"
- adjective: failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to
Example: "The witness remained silent"
- adjective: indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly
Example: "Gave silent consent"
- adjective: unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
Search for silent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse