Definitions of silly:
- noun: a word used for misbehaving children
Example: "Don't be a silly"
- adjective: dazed from or as if from repeated blows
Example: "Knocked silly by the impact"
- adjective: inspiring scornful pity
Example: "How silly an ardent and unsuccessful wooer can be especially if he is getting on in years- Dashiell Hammett"
- adjective: pungent adjectives of disesteem
Example: "A silly idea"
- adjective: lacking seriousness; given to frivolity
Example: "Silly giggles"
Search for silly at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia