Definitions of simple:
- noun: any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
- noun: a person lacking intelligence or common sense
- adjective: not elaborate in style; unornamented
Example: "A simple country schoolhouse"
- adjective: (botany) of leaf shapes; of leaves having no divisions or subdivisions
- adjective: having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved
Example: "A simple problem"
- adjective: easy and not involved or complicated
Example: "A simple game"
- adjective: lacking mental capacity and devoid of subtlety
- adjective: exhibiting childlike simplicity and credulity
Example: "Simple courtesy"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #78122)
Search for simple at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse