Definitions of sin:
- noun: an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will
- noun: violent and excited activity
Example: "They began to fight like sin"
- noun: estrangement from god
- noun: the 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- noun: (Akkadian) god of the moon; counterpart of Sumerian Nanna
- noun: ratio of the opposite side to the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle
- verb: commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
- verb: commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15345)
Search for sin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse