Definitions of singular:
- noun: the form of a word that is used to denote a singleton
- adjective: grammatical number category referring to a single item or unit
- adjective: the single one of its kind
Example: "A singular example"
- adjective: being a single and separate person or thing
Example: "Can the singular person be understood apart from his culture?"
- adjective: unusual or striking
Example: "Such poise is singular in one so young"
- adjective: beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
Example: "Singular behavior"
Search for singular at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse