Definitions of sit:
- verb: sit around, often unused
- verb: be seated
- verb: be in session
Example: "When does the court of law sit?"
- verb: work or act as a baby-sitter
Example: "I cannot baby-sit tonight"
- verb: show to a seat; assign a seat for
- verb: sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions
- verb: take a seat
- verb: assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #45396)
Search for sit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia