Definitions of size:
- noun: the property resulting from being one of a series of graduated measurements (as of clothing)
Example: "He wears a size 13 shoe"
- noun: the physical magnitude of something (how big it is)
Example: "A wolf is about the size of a large dog"
- noun: a large magnitude
Example: "He blanched when he saw the size of the bill"
- noun: the actual state of affairs
Example: "That's the size of the situation"
- noun: any glutinous material used to fill pores in surfaces or to stiffen fabrics
Example: "Size gives body to a fabric"
- verb: make to a size; bring to a suitable size
- verb: sort according to size
- verb: cover or stiffen or glaze a porous material with size or sizing (a glutinous substance)
- adjective: (used in combination) sized
Example: "The economy-size package"
Search for size at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse