Definitions of skid:
- noun: an unexpected slide
- noun: one of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects
- noun: a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- verb: move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
Example: "The wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
- verb: slide without control
Example: "The car skidded in the curve on the wet road"
- verb: apply a brake or skid to
- verb: elevate onto skids
Search for skid at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse