Definitions of slate:
- noun: (formerly) a writing tablet made of slate
- noun: a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- noun: a fine-grained metamorphic rock that can be split into thin layers
- noun: thin layers of rock used for roofing
- verb: enter on a list or slate for an election
Example: "He was slated for borough president"
- verb: designate or schedule
Example: "He slated his talk for 9 AM"
- verb: cover with slate
Example: "Slate the roof"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6150)
Search for slate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse