Definitions of slug:
- noun: any of various terrestrial gastropods having an elongated slimy body and no external shell
- noun: a projectile that is fired from a gun
- noun: an idle slothful person
- verb: strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat
Example: "He slugged me so hard that I passed out"
- verb: be idle; exist in a changeless situation
Example: "He slugged in bed all morning"
Search for slug at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse