Definitions of sluice:
- noun: conduit that carries a rapid flow of water controlled by a sluicegate
- verb: pour as if from a sluice
Example: "An aggressive tide sluiced across the barrier reef"
- verb: irrigate with water from a sluice
Example: "Sluice the earth"
- verb: draw through a sluice
Example: "Sluice water"
- verb: transport in or send down a sluice
Example: "Sluice logs"
Search for sluice at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse