Definitions of small:
- noun: a garment size for a small person
- noun: the slender part of the back
- adjective: limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent
Example: "A small car"
- adjective: have fine or very small constituent particles
Example: "A small misty rain"
- adjective: (of a voice) faint
Example: "A still small voice"
- adjective: not large but sufficient in size or amount
Example: "Helped in my own small way"
- adjective: not fully grown
Example: "Small children"
- adjective: limited in size or scope
Example: "A small business"
- adjective: lowercase
Example: "Small a"
- adjective: too small to be seen except under a microscope
- adjective: made to seem smaller or less (especially in worth)
Example: "Her comments made me feel small"
- adjective: low or inferior in station or quality
Example: "Small beginnings"
- adverb: on a small scale
Example: "Think small"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4761 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #556)
Search for small at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse