Definitions of snort:
- noun: a disrespectful laugh
- noun: a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- verb: indicate contempt by breathing noisily and forcefully through the nose
Example: "She snorted her disapproval of the proposed bridegroom"
- verb: make a snorting sound by exhaling hard
Example: "The critic snorted contemtuously"
- verb: ingest through the nose
Example: "The drug addict was snorting cocaine every night"
- verb: inhale through the nose
- verb: inhale recreational drugs
Search for snort at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia