Definitions of social:
- noun: a party of people assembled to promote sociability and communal activity
- adjective: living together or enjoying life in communities or organized groups
Example: "Human beings are social animals"
- adjective: composed of sociable people or formed for the purpose of sociability
Example: "A purely social club"
- adjective: relating to human society and its members
Example: "Social institutions"
- adjective: relating to or belonging to or characteristic of high society
Example: "Made fun of her being so social and high-toned"
- adjective: marked by friendly companionship with others
Example: "A social cup of coffee"
- adjective: (of birds and animals) tending to move or live together in groups or colonies of the same kind
Example: "Ants are social insects"
Search for social at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse