Definitions of solicit:
- verb: make a solicitation or petition for something desired
Example: "She is too shy to solicit"
- verb: incite, move, or persuade to some act of lawlessness or insubordination
Example: "He was accused of soliciting his colleagues to destroy the documents"
- verb: make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
Example: "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"
- verb: approach with an offer of sexual favors
Example: "He was solicited by a prostitute"
- verb: make amorous advances towards
Search for solicit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse