Definitions of song:
- noun: the act of singing
Example: "With a shout and a song they marched up to the gates"
- noun: a short musical composition with words
Example: "A successful musical must have at least three good songs"
- noun: a distinctive or characteristic sound
Example: "The song of bullets was in the air"
- noun: a very small sum
Example: "He bought it for a song"
- noun: the imperial dynasty of China from 960 to 1279; noted for art and literature and philosophy
- noun: the characteristic sound produced by a bird
Example: "A bird will not learn its song unless it hears it at an early age"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 50000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2439)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3660)
Search for song at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse